Essential advice if you're taking in a lodger
Got a spare room gathering dust? Taking in a lodger is a great way to earn some extra cash (up to £7,500 tax-free, to be precise) and put an empty bedroom to good use. We can guide you through the process too, with our wealth of information and advice.
Whether you’re a first-time Live in Landlord, or you’ve already got a lodger but want to know more about the practical side of things (like deposits and contracts), we can answer all your burning questions.
Click through to read our advice on some of the most common questions:
- What’s the difference between a tenant and a lodger?
- Our guide to the Rent a Room Scheme
- Step by step guide to taking in a lodger
- Tenancy agreements – the different types, and which one you need
- Taking out lodger insurance
- How taking in a lodger can affect your council tax
If you’ve got any more questions about taking in a lodger or the Rent a Room scheme, you can always contact us here.
Image credit: @fredmarriage.